New from SD

SDDogLover

I'm from South Dakota. Live in the Hills now. Did live in Chamberlain for a couple years, with a fantastic Short Hair. Her name was Julie. She is gone now.
Coming up on hunting season. It's the saddest time of year for me. Used to be the happiest. Most enjoyable thing I've ever done is to walk a field with Julie. Just her and I, alone.
I used to say I had to be nice to her. Because she let me sleep in her king size waterbed.
I used to scare girlfriends away with Julie...Tell them she sleeps with me and we both snore.
Told a girlfriend one time...That dog's alot smarter than you think she is. Julie was trying to soften her up as she was afraid of dogs. Julie knew it.
She was a fantastic companion. Was like having this wonderful child around all the time. She built a heart of love in me that I never had before. When I had to put her to sleep. My heart died with her. When it came to hunting. It was like she had a Doctorate.
She only got mad at me once. We were hunting the White River in Montana. Private land. She chased after a pheasant across the river. She wouldn't listen to me. I didn't want to wade that river. It was cold. When she did come back. Oh she was mad. She didn't hesitate to show it to me either.
I tried karaoke to her once. She almost bit me. Acted like she thought I was going crazy and please don't! You know how you must believe what you say to a smart bird dog. Karaoke is like two different things from the mouth and heart.
I've never loved anything like that Dog. Never knew anyone who knew love like She did.
JulieOne_zpsmfirdntg.jpg

JuliePoint1_zpsb596b83a.jpg

Last edited:
I may just be here to talk some. About a subject I love.

I'd rather not explain playing a violin for you. Not in a good situation for a dog now. Could have a small one. Considered it. Considered rescuing a small hunting dog.

I would like to say that the dog makes bird hunting. It's just not the same without a dog. In fact, it's not worth the bother without the dog.

Mostly remembering the best times of my life with Her.
I also have to admit. With the way the world is going now. I don't have much heart planning on anything for any kind of future. It looks like it's gonna get bad, real bad.

Some of my customers have dogs. I love all the dogs dearly. My experiences in life have taught me a very real love without asking for anything in return. I'm not here to bring in any religious discussion. I have to admit that love I talk about is the highest form of love...the kind of love Jesus Christ spoke of, lived, and died for. The dog's know it. The people...it's as if it's their only enemy.

Last edited:
Back