New from Minnesota

jensen

After lurking for years decided to join and possibly add some good advice as many of you have on here. Found out my lab has acl and needs surgery so will have time to post. Pheasant hunting and waterfowl are my passion and fishing as well.

After lurking for years decided to join and possibly add some good advice as many of you have on here. Found out my lab has acl and needs surgery so will have time to post. Pheasant hunting and waterfowl are my passion and fishing as well.
Doing TPLO? Good luck! 🙏🏻

Unfortunately yes, recovery period is going to be the toughest with her high energy level. Sticker shock on the final estimate for the surgery at U of M but at 4yrs old has plenty of time to continue to chase roosters after healing they tell me success rate is in the high 90s.

Unfortunately yes, recovery period is going to be the toughest with her high energy level. Sticker shock on the final estimate for the surgery at U of M but at 4yrs old has plenty of time to continue to chase roosters after healing they tell me success rate is in the high 90s.
5-6k?

Too little too late now ... but my vet does ACL surgery and it was 25% of the cost of the University of Minnesota.

He repaired an ACL tear in my Brittany some 25 years ago. The recovery was actually pretty fast. Vet told me the surgically repaired leg would be stronger than the dogs other back leg. I believe the cost at the time was $800 with my vet and just under $3K at the U of M.

A couple years later same dog in the UofM vet hospital for a bleeding issue - my Vet referred me there. They stabilized her fine, but when I went to bring her home they showed me x-rays of her arthritic hip. They wanted to do surgery. In that case homeopathic and a little Rimadyl sufficed.

This Britt was the only one I struggled with on weight management. She was about 6-8 pounds too heavy at times.

Check with granite city pet hospital in St Cloud. He did two of my dogs tplo. He also has a water treadmill on site that can be used for the therapy on a weekly basis

Back