New dog box build

waterdog09

Alright fellas, started my build for my dog box. Same material as my drawer setup in my previous thread. Again this will all be finished off with bed liner and have aluminum doors from wings works that should be here tomorrow. Here are some pics of my progress so far hoping to have it done in the next two weeks or so. Let me know what you guys think. Only thing not pictured are the doors and my switch panel for lights and fans and my two 12v outlets one being a dual usb.

Some night pics after I got the wires soldered. Had to try the lights out, won't be as bright once everything is bed lined.

Total box dimension is 62X40 each kennel stall us 30 1/4"X 19" and 24" tall which is perfect for the mud river kennel pads

Last edited:
The lights...to keep the dog(s) warm? With all the vents, might it be difficult?
Do you intend to keep the boxes in the garage, back of your truck...what?
Will the boxes be insulated?

Quite elaborate - I'm impressed with the quality.

Bed lined: won't that make cleaning the box difficult? I recall painting one of my boxes and using poly on another...easy maintenance.

Last edited:
Zeb that name doesn't sound familiar? No the lights are not used for heat they are led's so put off very little heat. Yes this box will be in the back of my truck under my topper and as of right now I plan on installing a heater in the bed of the truck but that may not happen till next year? The bed liner is easy enough to spray off and clean.

Your DIY > My DIY :cheers:

But when I build something, I usually needed it yesterday so there is no time for the fine details... :laugh:

Back