New CP-37

UGUIDE

:cheers:

Well it isn't in for sure but Landman it looks like I got a 57 acre field and a 40 acre all in thanks to the cropping years rolling forward. Finally!

2 good projects. One will be dormanty seeded this fall and the other spring seeded and both a cool season DNC mixes to really help boost the bird production.

On top of that it looks like I can do about 25 acres of windbreaks for 2011 and then I will have hit the CRP cap. Trees are mega expensive to put in.

You got any new stuff going in?

One will be dormanty seeded this fall and the other spring seeded and both a cool season DNC mixes to really help boost the bird production.

Whats in the cool season mix?

Well it isn't in for sure but Landman it looks like I got a 57 acre field and a 40 acre all in thanks to the cropping years rolling forward. Finally!

2 good projects. One will be dormanty seeded this fall and the other spring seeded and both a cool season DNC mixes to really help boost the bird production.

On top of that it looks like I can do about 25 acres of windbreaks for 2011 and then I will have hit the CRP cap. Trees are mega expensive to put in.

You got any new stuff going in?

Uguide: The cost share for your projects do not count towards your CRP Cap so you may be able to put more in. Are you referring to the $50,000 per year cap? If so that only applies to the annual payment, not the cost-share or incentive payments. I'm happy to hear that you can move forward on some of the projects you've been waiting for. I only had a couple of new places to put some CRP after the cropping history change, which amounts to about 7 acres. I am hoping to get some in on the General sign-up, which is uncertain because of the ranking process. I will try to get the maximum points but I've done that before and missed but hopefully - not this time.

Uguide: The cost share for your projects do not count towards your CRP Cap so you may be able to put more in. Are you referring to the $50,000 per year cap? If so that only applies to the annual payment, not the cost-share or incentive payments.

My understanding from FSa is that the SIP, PIP and Rent go towards the cap. The PIP is 40% of cost share.

My understanding from FSa is that the SIP, PIP and Rent go towards the cap. The PIP is 40% of cost share.

Uguide: I'm positive that only the rent applies to the Cap, PIP does not count. You may need to check with the State Office for clarification because the local offices sometimes get confused about the rules.

Here is the information from the Federal Register, which is the official document from the USDA.

http://www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-06-29-E9-15305

In this you will find that the CAP only applies to "annual rental payments" which is defined as payments that are not specifically cost-share. The PIP is cost-share so it does not count towards the CAP.

Your local office may be confusing the rule for WRP which does have a cost-share Cap of $50,000.

Last edited:
Uguide, consider leaving the Canada Rye out of the mix. While it is an attractive, quickly established grass, the long slender awns on the seeds are a particular hazard to dogs. One of mine had a bad experience at end of 2008 season, developed severe infection (grapefruit size). Long story, but vet eventually had to do exploratory surgery to locate the awn, which had migrated pretty deep. Dog recovered, but expensive.

Uguide: You may need to check with the State Office for clarification because the local offices sometimes get confused about the rules.

Had that problem today. They were unaware that you could mix CRP practices in a single offer.

Uguide: I'm positive that only the rent applies to the Cap, PIP does not count. You may need to check with the State Office for clarification because the local offices sometimes get confused about the rules.

Here is the information from the Federal Register, which is the official document from the USDA.

In this you will find that the CAP only applies to "annual rental payments" which is defined as payments that are not specifically cost-share. The PIP is cost-share so it does not count towards the CAP.

Your local office may be confusing the rule for WRP which does have a cost-share Cap of $50,000.

Well that would be a huge win if only rent and open up the doors a little more. if that is case then the PF guy went through heck to get it in this fiscal year for nothing. Well I got it done at least.

Uguide, consider leaving the Canada Rye out of the mix. While it is an attractive, quickly established grass, the long slender awns on the seeds are a particular hazard to dogs. One of mine had a bad experience at end of 2008 season, developed severe infection (grapefruit size). Long story, but vet eventually had to do exploratory surgery to locate the awn, which had migrated pretty deep. Dog recovered, but expensive.

Grey Fox, we dropped the seed mix rate down to 5%. We talked about the dog issue but both the PF biologist and the seed dealer have hunted with dogs in this stuff for 20 years and not had any problem.

Just talked to Beverly Preston at State SD FSA office in Washington and â??Annual Rentâ?� is made up of all rental payments + all incentives payments including SIP AND PIP.:(

Hope that helps.

Back