New collar ???

mnydir

Does anyone have a collar with both a beeper and vibrate setting? Obviously with stimulation as well. Any help would be appreciated. I trained my dog with the vibrate mode so I'd like to keep that feature.

Is a gps collar out of the question? I used to run beepers and they're fantastic, but the GPS is light years better IMO. The Garmin Alpha has gps, vibrate, stimulation and a low volume beeper locate button (controlled by operator, not a beep when dog is on point). NO sound but I always know where the dog is regardless of cover (advantage-hunter!). Probably the best hunting purchase I've made next to the pooch itself...

Is a gps collar out of the question? I used to run beepers and they're fantastic, but the GPS is light years better IMO. The Garmin Alpha has gps, vibrate, stimulation and a low volume beeper locate button (controlled by operator, not a beep when dog is on point). NO sound but I always know where the dog is regardless of cover (advantage-hunter!). Probably the best hunting purchase I've made next to the pooch itself...

This!

I don't like beepers.

The GPS collar is kind of expensive. I was hoping to get something a little cheaper. I mostly just want to locate him in corn and cattails once in a while

I hate beep collars too. Got the alpha. I will tell you, once you go alpha, you will never go back! It's definitely a spoiler.

I have the 3-dog Garmin/TT 550; it has tone, vibrate, and either momentary or continuous stimulation. It also has lights on the collars that are activated at the transmitter, which is a great feature on letting dogs out in the dark. I usually run 2 dogs when hunting pheasants, so this was a no brainer to me.

The tone button is separate from the stim buttons, and always available; the vibrate function has to be dialed in, and if you leave it on that dial position, either stim button will activate it.

Back