Need someone to hunt Kansas with.

rem1196

Will be in KC for grand daughters birthday on Jan. 26 & 27. Driving back to Texas after. Would like to hook up with someone who knows where to find a few birds on the 28th and 29th. Doesn't matter where in KS and I know it's very late in a down year. I don't expect a lot. I would be willing to trade a saltwater fishing trip to legendary Baffin Bay, Texas where I have a cabin this spring or summer. Look forward to hearing from you.
PS: I'll listen to you crow all you want about how K State beat Texas in football last fall and I promise not to mention the Fiesta Bowl!

Last edited:

i went to c.u. guess how i feel. anyway, surprised at the lack of interest in you. likely cause, at least for pheasants, you are a long way from the flock, quail, closer, the big reason is for me, i am way west, is that the hunting is really tough, i am shooting birds but to take someone up on an offer, to feel comfortable, i would need to show you more birds than you are going to see. next year isn't shaping up really well either. surely there is some big pocket out there but most of the poster's are doing really poorly, some not getting anything, sorry, don't take it to heart and keep trying

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully there will be someone that can make that trade. It sounds wonderful. Kansas has certainly had a couple of tough years.

BTW, I will also be in KC for a grandson's birthday celebration.

Safe travels.

Last edited:
Rem1196, nice you joined this forum and welcome. The past two seasons have been very poor in Kansas. I hope you have some luck finding someone who knows where there might be a few birds to chase. Normally, I would have some spots in the western part of the state that would be good this time of year but there are so few birds it amounts to getting very good exercise. Good luck and enjoy your trip to Kansas. You will find a ton of very nice people there.

Its too bad that I can't meet up with you. I would have loved to revisit the K-State / Texas games of the last few years. :D

I have stuff going on at work, but am hoping that i can hunt some while I am traveling at the time.

Its a tough year, but there are a few out there to be had. Good luck.

Back