my new hunting companion

fsentkilr

After hunting Gordon's only for 25 years I am going to start running a pointer with them. My family had hunted English Pointers for 2 generations before I started with Gordons. Here is my new dog, Xtreme's Copper Jewell or Jewell. She is 13 months old, I have had her a week, and she has already pointed over a dozen coveys. This week we head west to hunt pheasants and quail. She is sure a pretty dog and I am very happy with her so far.
Here is a link to an album on facebook. I couldn't get the pictures to load on here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211934614508708&set=ms.c.eJxNzMENwEAMAsGOIsAXjPtvLPeK~%3BB2tlhA5dczzIo08~%3BOW109VLHKXtJXOb7EbMldESDTJcZ3VlUPgAM9oZPQ~-~-.bps.a.10211934614148699.1073741834.1472357972&type=3&theater

Last edited:
There is a link that will work now. I still don't know why I couldn't get pics to load directly to the site.

Great looking dog. Sounds like she has plenty of talent too!
Be sure to let us know how she handles Pheasants

Its always amazed me how pointers get such a bad rap about being aloof etc. they are great family dogs and the best "out of the box" hunters.

FWIW I have EPs and shorthairs but discovered EPs late in life

nice photos

Great pics and another new family member. Congratulations.

I started with EPS over 20 years ago. Love the intensity when they point. I got my first non EP a year ago- GSP. It's been fun changing it up a little... have fun with Jewel!

Back