My Gordon Pups Miss Kitty and Festus

Oh Kilr, they're going to give you so many good times! Festus' tail is fairly typical for some Gordons, Kitty is very nice! I have had 2 Gordons some years back. One was a Show Me and the other was Intraset, both females. I sure liked them. Abby is in the hall-of-fame due to her second owner being patient enough and able to deal with her extreme range. 25 years is several Gordons. I'd like to see them on birds some time.

Fsentkllr,

I have hunted with Gordons since '86. I'll potentially be looking for a pup this spring. Where did you get these good looking pups?

Ken

I get my Gordons from Springset kennels in Eagle Point, Oregon. Springset.com is their website. I have hunted them exclusively for 25 years or since I was 17 and have never had one that didn't love to hunt and make extremely good bird dogs. I have had a couple that were as good of pheasant dogs as I've ever seen, and anybody that hunted with them would tell you the same. I'm really excited about the pup, as Miss Kitty has the prettiest point I've ever seen in Gordon, and Festus is a great retriever and seems to have a good nose. They also are both natural backers. He swam across a slough to retrieve a quail at 13 weeks old. My goal for the last 2 days of season, is to try and get a limit of quail shot over them both days.

Something to look at on my female is the slight crook in her tail at the tip. They knocked half price off for this slight defect. I agreed not to breed her. I don't even think you will notice when it feathers in. She is a ball of fire, and I think she is going to be a real special dog.

Something to look at on my female is the slight crook in her tail at the tip. They knocked half price off for this slight defect. I agreed not to breed her. I don't even think you will notice when it feathers in. She is a ball of fire, and I think she is going to be a real special dog.

Didn't notice it. My Gordon was real special to me, She still may be the best bird finder I have had.

fsentkilr,

My current gordon is from Springset. I picked her from a person in UT and called Norm Sorby on the line of breeding. He knew the female and the male; told us what to expect as far as range, etc. Before that I had a springset with another bloodline and she hunted very well. We've talked to Norm off and on as we get ready to find a new pup.

I was hoping you had a kennel closer to CO because I don't want to ship them to me.

Thanks
Ken

Back