mushrooms and walleye for a new topic

3goldens

Been gettin a fair amount of both here in Ohio. The walleye jig fish has been excellent this spring on Lake Erie we have boated in the area of 80 fish any where from 16" 2 lbers to 27" 8lbers.

Mushrooms, my hunting buddy and I are up between 180 and 200 shrooms.

If coaching the kids in baseball and softball and that 8 hour incovenience that I have to go to everyday to pay for the fun stuff wouldn't get in the way I could be havin an even greater spring. The dogs hate me for neglecting them but I'm sure they will get their time soon enough.

Whats everybody else catchin?

FCS
Picked 35 on Thursday, tryin saturday mornin in one of my better spots if someone hasn't beat me to it.

went out tonight didnt find any. friend found about 10#s so far. gave me some, very good. walleyes are starting to bite. have not had boat out yet. musky bite has been good. i havent caught any yet but saw two mid 40" fish caught. a 48 has been caught

3goldens, What type of bait or lure do you use on Erie? I have been using twister and minnow most of the spring in Iowa. Just curious how they fish for eyes in other parts.

The last few years we have been using 5/8s to 1oz jigs. Mostly in purple with hair skirt, some black, this year the hot color has been John Deere green.
We sometimes tip with large shiner minnows. They have just started to switch over to bottom bouncing rigs with worm harness. Jigs are still producing tipped with night crawler. We have been catching mostly jacks anywhere from 300 yards off shore to upto 1 mile. Water from 3 feet to 15 feet just dependent on storms cloudyness of water ect. years back we also used a walking style jig with fuzzy grub style tail and a stinger hook tipped with minnow. I believe that would still produce but new is always better you know. lol
Bite has been veryvery light and quick, and we have had to change tactics a bit with more of a hook set type jig on every bounce to keep up with the fish.

3goldens, What type of bait or lure do you use on Erie? I have been using twister and minnow most of the spring in Iowa. Just curious how they fish for eyes in other parts.

That was probably for crappies. 3goldens is after real fish.

We've been out 5 times this so far and we've found about 60 shrooms, not a whole lot but everyone says that they're pretty sparce around here at the moment

Back