Mud boots

birdshooter

Any recommendations for a mud boot that is comfortable and supportive for upland hunting?

I would also give extra mention for lighter weight. No real need for anything that is rated down to -40, main use is for muddy fields. Thanks

Light weight hiking boots with low gaiters. Perhaps choose soles that wouldn't collect mud...

Everyone loves mucks. I like a pair of hip waders around. I have been looking at Dan's to get a decent pair of boots attached to good uppers but havent decided which boot to go with. Quatros maybe. Look Dan's up I think you can go bare boot, bare boot with gaitors, or a full hip wader.

Any recommendations for a mud boot that is comfortable and supportive for upland hunting?

I would also give extra mention for lighter weight. No real need for anything that is rated down to -40, main use is for muddy fields. Thanks

Are you looking for a boot that doesn't doesn't collect mud or something more like a rubber Muck boot that is waterproof. Seems to me one of the Muck boots would probably be the best option. Irish Setter also makes some nice rubber boots.

Yes, something that doesn't collect mud that is supportive enough to walk for several hours and can be hosed off at the end of the day. No muss, no fuss. Any Muck models fit this bill? I am curious about the Pursuit models?

15” Bogs. I like Bogs better than Mucks. Seems to fit me better, more support, very comfortable to wear every day. I hunt 2-3 months in SD & wear them most days. Soles don’t collect mud. Quick hose off, good to go.

15” Bogs. I like Bogs better than Mucks. Seems to fit me better, more support, very comfortable to wear every day. I hunt 2-3 months in SD & wear them most days. Soles don’t collect mud. Quick hose off, good to go.

Thanks for the BOGS Tip. I did look at their website and they appear in line with what I'm looking for.

I have bogs Classic Highs. They seem a little tight across top of foot at first but loosen up as they form to foot. Great comfortable boots. Uppers have room for brush pants to easily fit inside boot if you want to tuck them in. Think you’ll like them.

I use the Bogs boots as well. I find that they run a size to half size SMALL.
I feel they are a quality boot and hold up extremely well. I think it's hard
to find a really comfortable MUD boot

Back