Moving to Redfield, SD area

PcolaGSP

New to board, hello to everyone. I will be moving to Frankfort community outside Redfield next month. Retired and bought a house there to spend part of year up there. I guided quail hunts and worked dogs on Georgia plantations for many years, living in Pensacola, Florida now near grandkids. Down to one 3 year old GSP now, lost my 2 old ones last year. Still have a 13 year old yellow lab who is in her last days. Don't know a soul up there, so would welcome making some new friends in a new state. Thanks.

Welcome to SD. Not too much in Frankfort, or Redfield as far as that goes. I have a daugther that lives in Redfield. If you happen on to some good hunting land in that area shoot me a PM. I'll come over and join you.

Thanks Zeb. Everyone I met up there while looking at houses was really nice and friendly. I think once I get up there and meet a few folks I'll be alright. Once I get settled, I will shoot you a PM, if nothing else, we can meet and I'll buy you lunch and talk dogs.

Thanks Zeb. Everyone I met up there while looking at houses was really nice and friendly. I think once I get up there and meet a few folks I'll be alright. Once I get settled, I will shoot you a PM, if nothing else, we can meet and I'll buy you lunch and talk dogs.

Sounds like a good plan. Look forward to meeting you.

Thanks Chris. My wife is retired and happy anywhere with her Kindle. Really looking forward to being a snowbird .

Great Area

It's a great area. I have been hunting around Redfield since 1999. I look forward to the trip each year! Lord willing, I'll be there this fall!

Lock and Load! :D

MG, Let met know when you're coming and we'll try to get together and chase a few birds, drink a cold one, and tell a few lies.

I grew up in Redfield. If there were more job opportunities there I would pack up and move right now. I do all my hunting there. I currently live in Sioux Falls SD. Someday I want to have a house in Redfield and live my life there. Ask me anything about it and I'll tell ya. Frankfort is a small small small town and is known for the bar in town haha. It's closer to the golf course then Redfield. As a teen we would go to Frankfort to drink in the softball fields.

Hey stesch, welcome to the forum. Good to see another SD guy. Introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum. Let us know about yourself, dogs, guns, etc. Love to meet you someday in the Redfield area for a hunt. Brids around Watertown are really down. I have a daughter and 2 grand kids living in Redfield. If you are interested in a hunt sometime send me a PM.

Let me know when you come to Redfield. I am liking Frankfort. Very quiet, nice people . Send me a PM when you come. You guys coming to Clark holler at me too. Zeb I will get in touch with you too once I get settled in.

Back