More poachers arrested

Should be 5-10k per. People like this make me sick. They also leave a bad name for gun owners and hunters.

I don't get why they think they have the right to kill/mame/steal from the public. The repercussions of a crime like this will hopefully help them "learn" from their mistakes.

$10K per head for each of the poachers wouldn't be enough. Increase the fines, confiscate guns & vehicles, jail time & a lifetime ban re: gun ownership, hunting & fishing licenses would be a good start. Visible public humiliation would make them well-known to the general populace, a good idea because I doubt scum like this would ever learn a lesson.

It seems fines are getting lighter and lighter for poachers. The damage they do to public perception of hunters is very hard to repair. Unfortunately, many non-hunters and anti-hunters will not make the distinction between poachers and hunters. With that said, most of the farmers in NE HATE, LOATH, and DETEST antelope. "Kill them all" seems to be a popular sentiment. Believe it or not, I have been denied permission because I said I would shoot only one.

Back