More Birds Than Last Year

Final tally for the year at my farm is 510 roosters harvested in the game bag.

That puts us at about the same as last year. Factoring in also the unrecovered and wounded birds that will perish from those wounds at a much higher number than the 510.

I know the reaction out there will be "Oh my God, that's terrible! Alert PETA! Call the Nature Conservancy!".

But in reality the number is simply a measure of what highly optimized land will produce annually in the way of fair chase naturally produced ringneck pheasants.

Most sportsmen worry about their gear, dogs, Pheasants Forever Banquets and things they can't control like the weather rather than what is required to help a pheasant get through a 3 day blizzard in the middle of January, February or March. Next time you are up at 2:00 am in the morning these next 3 months think about what a pheasant might be doing. Now that's respect.

This isn't advertising because there is no one on this site that will be a prospective uguide customer.

It's pretty hard to hit a bird that isn't first produced.

Everyday this season just about it hit 70 degrees at 3pm and 30% humidity. I had 2 different groups tell me they harvest 16 birds and lost 8. My point was it was conceivable that they could have wounded another 8 that would have perished shortly therafter.

The numbers speak to the productivity of the land not how good and ethical a self guided fair chase sportsman is.

Maybe you should screen better for clients that are good and ethical self guided hunters. You trashed me three years ago without any facts yet here you put out your own numbers and then backed out of them? This was after I recommended you to a lot of people. Good dogs make good hunters.

Maybe you should screen better for clients that are good and ethical self guided hunters. You trashed me three years ago without any facts yet here you put out your own numbers and then backed out of them? This was after I recommended you to a lot of people. Good dogs make good hunters.

Man I hate to pump u guide type hunts but at least he is produceing his own product if u wanna pay that kind:cheers: $$$ u can kill birds with your dogs or guides dog either way u gotta pay big $$$

I remember reading u guides info 3 years ago needed EXPERIENCED hunting dog yours or guides & waver signed etc. Lol not for everyone lol. Now its pretty much all repeat clients??? Poor guys...

Last edited:
Man I hate to pump u guide type hunts but at least he is produceing his own product if u wanna pay that kind:cheers: $$$ u can kill birds with your dogs or guides dog either way u gotta pay big $$$

I remember reading u guides info 3 years ago needed EXPERIENCED hunting dog yours or guides & waver signed etc. Lol not for everyone lol. Now its pretty much all repeat clients??? Poor guys...

Seems like a lot of hostility on this web site lately. My group have hunted Uguides pheasant camp for many years. You are correct it is not inexpensive, but like most things in life you get what you pay for. By no stretch of the imagination are we fat cats. For most of us this is the only vacation we get all year and we have to save all year to be able to afford it. Most of us live over 1000 miles from SD so making more than one trip a year is out of the question besides getting away from work is an issue. Uguide runs a class operation. We have been hunting SD for several years including public and other privet operations and by far we enjoy Uguide most. As far as shooting over your limit If Chris ever caught you doing that it would be the last time you hunted any of his properties. We have got our limit a time or two, but it is anything but a sure thing.

Seems like a lot of hostility on this web site lately. My group have hunted Uguides pheasant camp for many years. You are correct it is not inexpensive, but like most things in life you get what you pay for. By no stretch of the imagination are we fat cats. For most of us this is the only vacation we get all year and we have to save all year to be able to afford it. Most of us live over 1000 miles from SD so making more than one trip a year is out of the question besides getting away from work is an issue. Uguide runs a class operation. We have been hunting SD for several years including public and other privet operations and by far we enjoy Uguide most. As far as shooting over your limit If Chris ever caught you doing that it would be the last time you hunted any of his properties. We have got our limit a time or two, but it is anything but a sure thing.

Thinking guys are bummed season is over???

I agree I see some pretty ignorant comments lately ...

I was agreeing with uncle buck not arguing... I never herd of signing wavers & 150$-300$ per day hunts till I joined here...

If I only hunted 3-5 days per year & only had 1 vacation I agree go all out its your $$$ to blow I hear that lots as a way to justify paying big $$$ to kill birds on private lands...

I've had increadinlble hunts on public... When you pay you are paying to be only group hunting a given chunk of lands herd guys who never hunted public say private is Better??? Controling hunter numbers helps as does all of u guides habitat work but there are public jems seen a guy off this site & 2 buddy kill 90 birds 100% public in 2 trips in SD seems they have no trouble getting limits...

Hey Buck, good to see that you are still around, I as wondering where you were.

Thinking guys are bummed season is over???

I agree I see some pretty ignorant comments lately ...

I was agreeing with uncle buck not arguing... I never herd of signing wavers & 150$-300$ per day hunts till I joined here...

If I only hunted 3-5 days per year & only had 1 vacation I agree go all out its your $$$ to blow I hear that lots as a way to justify paying big $$$ to kill birds on private lands...

I've had increadinlble hunts on public... When you pay you are paying to be only group hunting a given chunk of lands herd guys who never hunted public say private is Better??? Controling hunter numbers helps as does all of u guides habitat work but there are public jems seen a guy off this site & 2 buddy kill 90 birds 100% public in 2 trips in SD seems they have no trouble getting limits...

The waiver is for liability. If you step in a hole and break your leg and your gun goes off and you shoot your buddies dog there is a paper that says that is not the fault of the person where you are hunting and you knew it before you went hunting.

The waiver is for liability. If you step in a hole and break your leg and your gun goes off and you shoot your buddies dog there is a paper that says that is not the fault of the person where you are hunting and you knew it before you went hunting.

I understand 100% haymaker... My point was kinda that with a may we hunt handshake & or public land you don't have to deal with that hassle...

Never herd any groups talk of the this on public etc.

Good idea on private just a hassle for us public land slobs lol not poking at you haymaker others maybe you always been square with me...

I understand 100% haymaker... My point was kinda that with a may we hunt handshake & or public land you don't have to deal with that hassle...

Never herd any groups talk of the this on public etc.

Good idea on private just a hassle for us public land slobs lol not poking at you haymaker others maybe you always been square with me...

It is not needed if you don't get paid. When our family hunt happens it is not needed.

It is not needed if you don't get paid. When our family hunt happens it is not needed.

100% understand guess I should of specified you only have to worry about that waiver thing on "pay to play private lands" was reffering to that situation vs handshake hunts & public land did not mean to be vag

Back