Mixed bag shot size lead & non toxic

Plan on heading down to Nebraska quail & pheasant hunting In a WK or so & I'll be hunting in a area with some WPA wear some Bob white quail mite be encounterd on same walk as pheasant what would you use shot size wise if using bismuth? Thinking #6 bismuth 12GA 2 3/4 be perfect...

I have hunted Many WMA & walk ins wear the 2 species are seen often on same area I used # 7.5 federal high power 1st shot & a #6 prairie storm 2 3/4 follow up shots that was for lead loads... Worked nice ...

Most WPA won't hold many quail if no creeks etc. But if anybody has any ideas Im open to hear them...

Kent / Bismuth shot are European shot sizes and slightly smaller than U S k,equivalent . 5 would be pretty good . That's what I used last weekend . I did shoot both Phez ans quail with them . I also used Kent Upland steel in # 5 1500 fps 7/8 steel out of a 20 ga . Shot both with this load as well .

Normally I use 2 3/4 # 5 7/8 oz in my open choke and # 3 hevi metal 1 ounce load in my tighter barrel . DT sxs 20 ga works good for me .

Kent / Bismuth shot are European shot sizes and slightly smaller than U S k,equivalent . 5 would be pretty good . That's what I used last weekend . I did shoot both Phez ans quail with them . I also used Kent Upland steel in # 5 1500 fps 7/8 steel out of a 20 ga . Shot both with this load as well .

Normally I use 2 3/4 # 5 7/8 oz in my open choke and # 3 hevi metal 1 ounce load in my tighter barrel . DT sxs 20 ga works good for me .

Thanks for sharing that info much appreciated I did not know the euro shot size deal thank you...

I used to use different loads but anymore out of my 12 gauge I just use 7.5 with one and an eighth ounce of powder. My daughter knocks em down with a 20 gauge number 6's. They dont tear up quail and knock down the roosters as long as they're not super long range.

I used to use different loads but anymore out of my 12 gauge I just use 7.5 with one and an eighth ounce of powder. My daughter knocks em down with a 20 gauge number 6's. They dont tear up quail and knock down the roosters as long as they're not super long range.

#6 lead is what I'd use for mix bag opportunity wear lead is legal... If mostly quail 7.5 with #6s following... If just rooster chasing #5 followed by #4s...

Or are u talking bismuth???

Back