Max made the cover!

mstand

Of out NAVHDA magazine! We were pretty excited about it. Max has been a great hunting partner and companion to my son, husband and I. It was a nice way to walk him into retirement.

Thanks gaon to my buddy Denise for her awesome pictures.

newmax_zpsj9ydpvav.jpg

Very cool, congrats Max!

Wow! What an awesome honor for your dog! Congrats.

I'm headed out this weekend to train with the Kettle Moraine Chapter of NAVHDA. I'm looking forward to learning more about NAVHDA.

Last edited:
Nice work to the photographer, to the dog, and to the dog's owner!

(small hint, if you have it framed, get a photograph of the cover and frame that. The inks will fade if you frame the actual cover. Keep that appropriately protected out of the sunlight.)

:coolpics:

Congratulations. The magazine is a great keepsake!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. :)

Once again, Thanks.:)

Wish you didn't live so far away I would love to see max work and let him meet one of his pups.You two have worked so hard and put so much time into all of those test I think the world of that. I have been able to hunt my dog with his mamma in the grouse woods but as far as pheasants go no wild ones yet only game farms. I did get out last weekend a shot three squirrels. After I shot the first one the dog seemed to know what we were after he did tree one and almost caught another. Holding point we still need to work on. He did retrieve all three we shot. He goes to work with me about every day and doesn't mind ice fishing either as long as he can play with a fish or two, we are kind of inseparable. I feel I got lucky in getting this dog I kind of think of him as my own personal therapy dog because I needed to get new hobbies and get rid of one bad one I was into. Mans best friend for sure maybe even saved my marriage and life for all I know. It all just seemed to work out that I was looking into this breed for a new bird dog and made one phone call and was able to get on the list. I will have a second of this breed for sure.

DOgs do more for us than we can ever know.

If you ever get down around this way, look us up. :)

Congratulations! Beautiful photo and great carry by the dog.

Congratulations! Beautiful photo and great carry by the dog.

Not sure what you mean by the carry?
If you are talking about the way he is carrying the bird than the deal is that he was 1 1/2 or 2 when this was taken. This was on an actual hunt. Not always do you get a perfect carry of birds in hunting situations. :)

Way to go! :thumbsup: You should be very proud. :cheers:

Thanks all!

Back