Lots of hunters

Somebody catches a 10 pound bass, posts a picture, and the lake gets pounded. I wonder how many guys headed out to Pierre after that guy just caught the state record 17 pound walleye. It's not exclusive to montana. It's anywhere in the US where there's a hunting or fishing hot spot. The internet has made the country a lot smaller.

Somebody catches a 10 pound bass, posts a picture, and the lake gets pounded. I wonder how many guys headed out to Pierre after that guy just caught the state record 17 pound walleye. It's not exclusive to montana. It's anywhere in the US where there's a hunting or fishing hot spot. The internet has made the country a lot smaller.
I agree! The other day u saw some Gucci California guys in a very remote area of montana. I've never seen an out of state hunter in yhat area.Ive seen several this season.They have to be using the internet. It's the only way they would know about it.

Hell, Goose, before internet I was hearing about how great Montana is. I bet anyone who owned a birddog heard about the trainers spending months out there in tents. There was also Gun Dog magazine. Up until the 90's there were millions upon millions of birds killed in Iowa and Kansas. When they petered out, (except around Remi's house) those who could afford it turned their sights on S.D. and MT. I'll take mediocre hunting over looking for a parking place. I've put off Mt. for decades. Now it sounds like I'm too late.

I’d like to do Montana. 4 days travel and 5 days hunting , it’s just to long. You’d about have to e scout it or you’d be gone two full weeks.

Hell, Goose, before internet I was hearing about how great Montana is. I bet anyone who owned a birddog heard about the trainers spending months out there in tents. There was also Gun Dog magazine. Up until the 90's there were millions upon millions of birds killed in Iowa and Kansas. When they petered out, (except around Remi's house) those who could afford it turned their sights on S.D. and MT. I'll take mediocre hunting over looking for a parking place. I've put off Mt. for decades. Now it sounds like I'm too late.
I just hope it doesn't become a cash cow like south Dakota, where farmers charge people 300 dollars a day to hunt. Those Guchie pheasant hunting ranches are starting to pop up.One of the ranches I used to hunt north of Lewistown turned into one.😐😐😐

I just hope it doesn't become a cash cow like south Dakota, where farmers charge people 300 dollars a day to hunt. Those Guchie pheasant hunting ranches are starting to pop up.One of the ranches I used to hunt north of Lewistown turned into one.😐😐😐
That wouldn't surprise me. Times they are a changin...

That wouldn't surprise me. Times they are a changin...
Not for the better.Some guchie California guy,loaded down with money,bought the ranch,and started building little houses,putting up fence,building roads for these blue blood hackers to drive on.Big thumbs down on this idiot!!

I found out about MT back in the 90s by pure luck. Than Wing and Shot and a couple other mags had features on it. The internet has only made it worse. Take away a large amount of CRP and it is more crowded.

Not for the better.Some guchie California guy,loaded down with money,bought the ranch,and started building little houses,putting up fence,building roads for these blue blood hackers to drive on.Big thumbs down on this idiot!!
And here I thought building houses was an honorable profession.....
most houses also need a road in order to arrive at front door....
Goose...what am I missing ? Would you be so kind to put it in plain engish....your speaking in tongues has me all tied up..

I found out about MT back in the 90s by pure luck. Than Wing and Shot and a couple other mags had features on it. The internet has only made it worse. Take away a large amount of CRP and it is more crowded.
Just curious...have you been doing the ak to L48 since the 90's ?? Thought I was the only one....lol...
7 out of state licenses in 1 year was my best...
you are aware you have been driving thru some world class grouse hunting on the way down?
I lost count at 50 ruffies over 2 hours one morning on this years drive fwiw...

There still are places with many wild birds. We just have to travel further to find them and are fewer places like that to find. Nothing ever stays a secret very long in this info crazed world. Enjoy what we have today, no promises for tomorrow. Keep family and friends close.

And here I thought building houses was an honorable profession.....
most houses also need a road in order to arrive at front door....
Goose...what am I missing ? Would you be so kind to put it in plain engish....your speaking in tongues has me all tied up..
They build roads around the property, to drive hunters around. It's all set up to provide easy hunting. There is usually a main lodge, and several small houses.

There still are places with many wild birds. We just have to travel further to find them and are fewer places like that to find. Nothing ever stays a secret very long in this info crazed world. Enjoy what we have today, no promises for tomorrow. Keep family and friends close.
I just saw another place I hunt changed recently. They were plowing under part of a cattail slough, and building a road.I wonder what that is about? Totally bull sh××

Just curious...have you been doing the ak to L48 since the 90's ?? Thought I was the only one....lol...
7 out of state licenses in 1 year was my best...
you are aware you have been driving thru some world class grouse hunting on the way down?
I lost count at 50 ruffies over 2 hours one morning on this years drive fwiw...
Yes I have been hunting the plains since the 90s. I’ve only driven the last 4 years, flying with a stashed vehicle in Seattle. Since retirement I have stashed a trailer in MT and drive just a car. Most NR licenses I’ve had in a year is 4. You must take a different route than me to see that many ruffeds, the amount of spruce chickens by the border was amazing.

Yeah but Jesus enough is enough

Back