Lost a good friend on Thursday

Thrasher

We lost a good friend last week. Bandit was 12 and we brought him from Germany with us. A month ago he stopped eating and the vet could not find an answer. Tube fed him as they continued to search for a cause. We finally decided to end his suffering. He was a great dog.

Sorry to hear of this my friend. I hope that in time you will heal. Look back at the fond memories and cherish them.

It is never easy but with time it will get better, everyone says to go out and get another one right away but you will know when it is the right time.

My condolences; it's most difficult to part with a loyal companion. God Bless.

Bandit

Sorry for your loss. Really tough thing to go through. I think about that day sometimes with my dog. I'm backing up all my videos and every picture that I have with my dog in and hope to make a video/slideshow of her when that time comes. I'd like to keep her memory alive as long as I can and not forget the good times at home and in SD with her. I might be too old to get another dog, so I'll always have her, and will be able to watch her hunt on the big screen. I'm hoping that a project like that will help ease my pain. I hope that you find your way.

Always painful to lose a dog. I am sure you gave him a great life. Get another dog and do the same for it.

Thanks for the thoughts and kind words. We are working through it. Molly (the two year old pup) keeps looking for him, and I keep hearing his sounds around the house. We spent a lot of great years together.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but rest assured you did the right thing. Time heals a broken heart and sometime in the near future I hope you get to smell puppy breath again.

god speed.

Back