Looking for private access near Aberdeen

ekim12

We have a small group going to Aberdeen on the 11th and 12th of November. This will be our first trip to Aberdeen. Does anyone have any contacts that we can get in touch with. We do not need a guide, just access. Thanks for any assistance and guidance. Todd

Are you looking to pay to hunt? Or free access? I just moved from Aberdeen to Watertown. Lived in Aberdeen for over 30 years. The past 10-15 years it has become increasingly difficult to access private land without paying a fee. Unless invited to hunt private land I have had to do my hunting on public land for many years. You can try knocking on doors but I think it will be tough to find any free access. Especially with the bird numbers being down this year. Good luck.

Thanks for the response. What are the typical fees that one would see hunting private land? Who could I contact for this. Your insight is appreciated. Todd

I would say $225 per gun per day is pretty common. I know, a lot of money. I think it's crazy but as long as people are willing to pay the price just keeps going up.

Here's a place near Aberdeen that would be quite typical. I know Bob Olson, great guy.

http://www.homesteadhunting.com/

If you don't need a guide and just want access, I would think $150 per man per day would be about right. I have seen outfits in other parts of the state charging this amount but I don't know about the Aberdeen area.

$150 per day per gun sounds pretty accurate for just land access. Shop around and wheel and deal especially later in the season.

At 150 per day per gun, the 6 of us can buy 60 pheasants per day at the game farm I am a member at. Thanks for all of the responses, I appreciate it.

Wild Birds

IMO: Game farms are a dime a dozen. I would prefer 1 wild bird vs 100 game farm birds a day.
If you don't want to pay access fees you can hunt the public land.
If you pick the right place and run into the birds the memories are well worth the price.
Good luck if you go

Back