Looking for an english springer

TheRiley

Looking for an English Springer Spaniel. I'd prefer a liver and white male(my dad had one when I was a child) but black and white or female is not out of the question.

If you have pups available or if you have a litter planned that I could get in on, please let me know.

I am willing to travel a few hundred miles if needed but would prefer not to ship one.

Thanks

Contact fcspringer on this forum. If he doesn't have something, he can point you in the right direction.

:thumbsup: FCSpringer is your man. He lives near Alexandria, MN and has some of the best Springers around. If you have a problem contacting him through this site send me a PM and I'll get you his email, phone number, etc.

If he's hard to reach I think its because he's running around the country piling up ribbons!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Good God people. tell the truth. LOL. I can help you find a good one. We do have a breeding planned with River but they have been spoken for, for a year since we did not have pups last year. Loren will be bred to Odie, and only a couple males will be available. One of those may fit. if not, Yes I know some folks I would buy one from. Mine will not take place till spring. Give me a call, and I will see what I can dig up for you based on your expectations. Ken

PS try not to base on color. I could care less if they are purple, as long as they are bird findin SOB's.

I agree with Ken about color. Over the years when I've had Springers I had both liver/white and black/white. Nice thing about the black is that it does not fade or bleach out in the sun like liver has a tendancy to do.

I agree with Ken about color. Over the years when I've had Springers I had both liver/white and black/white. Nice thing about the black is that it does not fade or bleach out in the sun like liver has a tendancy to do.

if I did that....I'd have to color in all my Killen prints that I have of a liver/white springer over to black:eek::eek:.

I'm also looking but am on the west coast right now, and I also favor the liver/white just out of sentimental reasons..(my other 2 have been that color and I just like it)

Anotherboption

I love sprinters and have had one. Check out minnesota French spaniels before you decide. I bought one fron Paul and it was the best decision I have made. They look just like a springer but the upsides are taller and thin, better and calmer in the house, they point, and are slow methodical hunters. Everybody thinks she is a springer, but when you own one you realize the differences. Paul is a small breeder just west of Rochester mn. They are a very rare breed and you won't ever see one because there are few in the us. Very cool breed.

I love springers and have had one. Check out minnesota French spaniels before you decide. I bought one fron Paul and it was the best decision I have made. They look just like a springer but the upsides are taller and thin, better and calmer in the house, they point, and are slow methodical hunters. Everybody thinks she is a springer, but when you own one you realize the differences. Paul is a small breeder just west of Rochester mn. They are a very rare breed and you won't ever see one because there are few in the us. Very cool breed.

Mgorv, you are the first person I've run into with a French Spaniel. Where do you live? I was seriously considering a French Spaniel 4 years ago and in fact hunted in South Dakota one day with Paul and his dogs. Paul is one of the only breeders in the states. They are beautiful dogs but after having Brittanys I was use to dogs with a little more run and so I went back to a Britt. However, if I get another dog, at which time I will be in my mid 70's, a French Spaniel just might be the ticket.

French spaniel

I live outside Madison, WI. I am hunting in SD up by Milbridge this week and will head out to the Miller area on the 10th of Nov. Miya just turned 10months old this week and even with these dry conditions she has really hunted well and learned a lot this week. I had her on birds at home on our farm and hunted the. Wisconsin opener last week so she is getting some action this fall. I'll stop in and see Paul after Christmas so he can see Miya. I'm going to hunt in SD one more time after Christmas at Blacks pheasant lodge north of brookings. I hope you try one of Paul's dogs. They are a special breed I think. Miya pointed several of the birds I've shot so far, and flushes the runners. Nothing like watching a dog hunt.

Not my cup a tee a Frenchy. I dont have the house issue either. One can say that about any breed. Some dogs end up better in the house then others with all breeds not just one,LOL.

FC, you do realize that Mgorv was talking about a French Spaniel, not a French Brittany. Right? Entirely different breed.

Thanks for the response guys. There are a couple local breeders but neither have any available any time soon. I checked out the Minnesota french spaniel website and they do seem very similar to springers. How are they with ducks? I do a fair amount of duck hunting as well. The springer I had growing up was great in the water.

Fcspringer I will be getting in contact with you some time Soon.

I'm not too concerned with color. Just a preference is all. Though I could use some liver colored hairs scattered around the house to offset the black from my wife's lap dog.
IMG_1540.jpg

Last edited:
Found a started 10 month old female b&w from a local breeder that I hope to pick up this weekend. Thanks for the responses guys :cheers:. I will post some pics of her soon.

Back