Looking for a youth model 20ga

Instead of buying a youth model with the short stock here's what I did. I bought a gun with a recoil pad on it then took the recoil pad off and had a thin plastic butt plate installed. Shortened the LOP about an inch. If the youngster is shooting light target loads they shouldn't need the recoil pad. Then when they grow you can re-install the recoil pad and they're good to go.

I would be looking for a used youth model 20ga. My son will be turning 12 in Feb and his arm reach just is not there for a full size gun. My two girls are a bit older and have a longer reach than he does so that may work for them, just I really do not think it would fit him that well.

Yep get a good fit first. Heck I am 50 and use a 20 gauge because it is lighter and helps me shoot better. Can always resell gun for close to same price.

Youth shotgun

I have bought two of my grandsons a youth 20 ga that is hammer less and they have a safety similar to a pump gun. Bought fro Bud's Guns in KY. Not expensive and work well for beginners!

Back