Looking at purchasing a truck gun vault.

Buddy of mine is selling his tactical storage system brand gun vault from his truck. Offered me first shot. wondering what others use or if they have any experience with this type of vault. This is a two draw system with keyless locking system and manual combo locks, carpet lined and built out of aluminum. Really a nice system, not sure if for me though. He is switching to a mini van so that is reason for selling. any advice!!!

I used a gun vault like you are looking to buy, but it was one that was made for a suburban. So it was carpeted. Being I had a truck with no topper, I ripped off the carpet and rhino lined the whole vault.

But after a year of running the dogs and the vault, I found the dog kennels sat up really high, so I ripped down the gun vault to just one side. This way I could place a dog kennel beside the vault, and this I felt safer when traveling distances.

I love it, especially when bringing multiple guns, or like today when we traveled out to SD to go dove hunting, we tossed all the guns in the vault and took off. Easier to handle and keep everything organized. My thoughts you can not go wrong!

Back