Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

20240229_110849.jpg

20240229_154416.jpg
My newly adopted Brittany. was never a house dog, spent his life at a kennel/trainer in KS and then mostly in a raised cage at his previous owners house. He hunts like a champ, well adjusted around people, and think he now owns the house. He doesn't seem to want to recognize that I have rules about being on furniture/beds, etc.

Also quite the talker. When he wants something he's going to get it from me and he's trying to tell me what it is, which is mostly I want to go chase the squirrels and rabbits (I think). Everytime he starts my wife says, "What is it boy, is Timmy stuck down in the well?" You have to be old enough to get it.

Angus w Beaver.jpg

Walking dog behind my house 2 days ago and run into this. I think beavers must be tough SOBs because that thing did not care at all that were were 8 feet away. I knew there were some around by the tree damage and had seen one swimming in the creek but they have always been pretty shy.

This is in a town park in very suburban middle Indiana.

This is a photo of my 8 month old Brittany. He "whoa" trained in a day or two a couple months ago and he has only improved on whoa since that time.

First live bird contact last week (which went really well). His first contact with live bird scent was a point ... whoa kept him steady for a decent amount of time. Son manned the check cord while I walked up to him and reassured him ...

Two days ago we were out in 20+ winds. He had a couple points 30 yards from the birds. He held until I let him go ... repositioned and went on point again closer to the bird. Son again along which was a tremendous help.

Today (photo) is day three on live birds ... he is on a check cord, but that rope is laying on the ground. I was alone today. He was steady for over a minute while I took some pictures, reassured him on whoa than walked up to the bird and flushed it.

The pup has it in his DNA.

1711055795705.png

Last edited:
Back