Labrador coat ?

Choclab42

Any of you lab guys ever have a dog get a very thin coat in the summer? my dog has a spot on her side that you can somewhat see her skin through her hair. It's not a complete bald spot but just a very thin hair spot. I just didn't know if I may have brushed he to much in this area? Thank you in advance for any input.

Don't know if its important our not but she is an inside dog so I don't believe it would be a hot spot because she is just out when I take her out to the bathroom, to train, our when she is out in the yard with the wife.

How old is she. My lab has real thin fur on her chest and stomach. She never has had what I would call thick hair on her underside but she good fur on top.?

Mine will get thin to bald spots on his elbows. Last summer he itched so much that he gave himself bald spots. I spoke with my vet about fish oil pills. I give him two in the morning and two at night. Itching has all but stopped and his coat has improved. He still has thin areas underneath, but the top coat is good.

My 2 year old female has a very thin summer coat like yours. She is also an inside dog. Her winter coat comes in nice and thick and each summer she is a shedding machine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Back