Kent tungsten matrix

George

Hey all, was looking for a non toxic non steel shot. I have a Belgium made browning a-5 12 gauge so steel and heavy metal are not options. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, and if so what size they'd recommend.

Hey all, was looking for a non toxic non steel shot. I have a Belgium made browning a-5 12 gauge so steel and heavy metal are not options. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, and if so what size they'd recommend.

I have a Belgium A5 Sweet Sixteen and shoot Kent TM through it when I need non-tox. They seem to work okay. I'm using #5 shot through an IC choke. You didn't indicate what you are hunting nor what your A5 is choked.

As far as Steel through the older A5's there was some discussion on that on this forum under the thread about the New Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen. Some have used steel in these guns without any adverse effect. But it depends on what your gun is choked and the size shot you use. If you have a more open choke and don't use steel shot any larger than say #3 or 4 shot you should be okay.

My feeling is that if you open the Poly up to IC and don't shoot anything larger than #3 steel you would be just fine. I'm sure others will chime in on this.

I have opted to use a mod choke especially in the late season when the shots are somewhat further...I have settled on using HS Pheasant 4's

Back