Kansas Quail Hunt Video 11-19

MAB7799

Had a great hunt yesterday. Olive did great, except for a couple of birds that she was on the wrong side of the wind for. She pointed every covey and tons of singles. First bird was shot at 8:40, had #8 in the bag at 10:55. Went to try and find some pheasants but Olive kept pointing coveys. Quit at 1:00. 6 coveys found.

Here's a video of my quail hunt yesterday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIqrM9Sf1AY

Yes I use a GoPro, I mount it on my head... I don't like it much either but I like watching the finished videos more so I suffer through haha.

Very Nice. Will be spending the next month chasing birds in Missouri and Kansas. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun again this year.

Mark, I love the video and former videos that you have posted. I really appreciate Olive's ability to hunt dead. I have had so many good dogs that did not satisfy me on hunting dead. I also appreciate that you use a 20 gauge and I do as well. I use the light load, number 8 preferable for my browning. That load has also been productive on pheasants as long as I shoot quick. We had a blast finding quail in NE Kansas week before last. The only problem is I am 760 miles away from NE Kansas. I try to really take care of my dogs, but tough on them. There are birds here in Western Ky, but coveys are smaller and not as many coveys in a day.

Wonderful videos, and excellent dog work. Watched a covey of around 30 birds walking around the other morning. They roost right next to one of my deer stands.

Mark, I love the video and former videos that you have posted. I really appreciate Olive's ability to hunt dead. I have had so many good dogs that did not satisfy me on hunting dead. I also appreciate that you use a 20 gauge and I do as well. I use the light load, number 8 preferable for my browning. That load has also been productive on pheasants as long as I shoot quick. We had a blast finding quail in NE Kansas week before last. The only problem is I am 760 miles away from NE Kansas. I try to really take care of my dogs, but tough on them. There are birds here in Western Ky, but coveys are smaller and not as many coveys in a day.

Thanks John! Takes a lot of time to make those videos, I wish it was easier, plus I get tired of having a GoPro on my head all day. I had some friends in town who were hunting NE KS WIHA and only put up 2 coveys and 4 hens in 4 days hunting.... pretty rough go of it (and they had TONS of dog power). I felt pretty bad as they drove about as far as you did to get into birds and went home pretty discouraged. Glad to hear you found some!

Back