Kansas in January - any takers?

I have been following this thread for a while and thinkin............That could be a problem!

Anyway, I usually get up to the Rolla, Hugoton area in November for my annual ditchbird trip, and since I've already got my license, why not come back in Jan. for this little bash?

It looks like it has all the necessarys for a first class get together no matter how the hunting goes. Sides, you northern boys might need a little "shootin coachin" from a south Arkansas swamp livin duck killer!

And I have a new ESS pup that needs all the exposure I can give him.

Bob M

Sides, you northern boys might need a little "shootin coachin" from a south Arkansas swamp livin duck killer!

Bob M

I have seen some of you Southerners shoot and what I saw was "meat for the table shooting", not the "give the animal a sporting chance" like us refined northern gentlemen. Just saying.
:):)

:eek: M.R. surely you cannot be alluding to a "ground swat" technique on a covey of fine quail!!!! Well I never............:):):)

Bob

I am game also for that time of year. Sounds like a good time. If flushers want to get together, I am good as Gavin should be up and running really well by that time. Look forward to seeing the post closer to the date!

I would love to join this hunt as well. KB I know you and I have tried to hook up a couple of seasons now. I want to make every effort to make that happen this year. I am with you on running the pointing dogs with each other sometimes I will just stand there and take pictures and not even shoot. A dog on point always amazes me and makes me a proud man when it happens to be one of my shorthairs. I think this would be a good chance to hunt with you and others from this site. The banner deal sounds like a awesome idea. I really hope this deal happens.

You guys are killing me with this thread. One week earlier and I would be there but instead I will be back in the sand box by time this get together takes place. Drink one for me and enjoy the new faces and friendships made during this.

Or we could load our dogs and guns up and go hunting where you're at. I'm not sure how my dogs will react to the smells over there, but once they see we're out hunting something, they'll try very hard to figure it out. I don't want to report to your commander in chief though.......are there independant towel-head hunters over there? Any permit restrictions? Final question.....how long is the season on those rotten bastards?:D

I would be up for that hunt and maybe we could start practicing here so our dogs would know what to look for

Too funny

KB, and GC thanks that stuff right there was too funny. Don't really know how to hunt em with dogs since they do nothing but cut and run. Pictures of the event would be awesome and at least give me something to look forward to.

we might have to get a pack of greyhoounds and run em like we do coyotes it might take a hellava big catch dog though

Corey, I am one hell of a big catch DOG!!!!!! Cuttin and runnin', how bout some redneck blockers with some 50 BMG's?????????

That would work out nicelly I am sure. Not too worried about too many holes since I would't even feed them to my dogs. Just gotta figure out how to get you all over here now:)

I think most of us are to big to fit in your dufflr bag so maybe we could hide in some containers

Hello folks. Do you guys have room for two more?How many confirmed so far?
I have 3 English Pointers, they back and retrieve.
I am located 30 miles east of Cincinnati and would spend 3 or 4 days in the state after traveling that far. I think we are also going in December taking Pointers and Beagles on that trip. Great Thread.
Bobby G.

bb everyone is welcome to eat and tell stories depending on how many show up weather or not everyone will hunt together there are a few who are already in you would be more than welcome

Guys,

Please let me know when you decide to do this. I'd sure like to have a gathering with some of the folks from this site like we do with the catfishing site I'm a member of. It is fun to get a bunch of like-minded folks together. We've talked of it before, just never got it done. I'm not so sure about 40 of us that don't know each other going into the same field w/ loaded guns, but I'll create my own comfort zone in terms of spacing. I know how far a shotgun reaches and if gun safety is a problem, I'll move over.

Even if it is only 10 guys meeting for dinner and/or a short hunt, count me in. I'd like to put a face with some of these names.

What's the name of the Catfish site your a member of? :cheers:

Sounds like a plan. My hunting buddy is making plans to be able to go with me.
He is 66 years young...:rolleyes:

Back