Is there anybody out there...

You guys are inspiring me. Last year I had some private land lined up over by Madison. Never got over there to hunt it. I will be on state land the next couple mornings, but I'm going to dig up the farmers phone number, and give the wild ones a try early next week!

You guys are inspiring me. Last year I had some private land lined up over by Madison. Never got over there to hunt it. I will be on state land the next couple mornings, but I'm going to dig up the farmers phone number, and give the wild ones a try early next week!

Good luck! I will be out in the afternoon today and tomorrow. If I see some birds I'll be happy.

Saw 2 roosters. One flushed wild and one came up within range and I was nice enough to shoot and release the bird. Still pretty happy to see 2 roosters in 3 hours of hunting.

"shoot and release". I like that one. You can also look at it as leaving some breeding stock for this spring:D

Made it out yesterday morning. My sons are coming home Christmas Eve, so I am saving a few spots, hoping a few birds will be left for them. So I tried to pick somewhere I have not been, that may have seen a lot of released birds, and get as far away from any parking areas as possible. Nice idea but it didn't work. We did have a nice walk exploring some new areas. Going to try again tomorrow in another new to me area.

Glad to hear Hunter has turned the switch on! Merry Christmas!

It's amazing the difference 2 month made for the pup.
Thanks birdog456 & wisturk! Hope you both are having a great holiday. We are on a battery run right now. Then off to playing with radio controlled helicopters.

I definitely think this season made a real difference. Hunted hard today and didn't even move a bird :eek: Hopefully better luck tomorrow morning.

Back