Iowa crop report?

Ranger Rick

What's it looking like for the crops to come off? Here in WI it's been wet. A lot of the corn is still lush green. Is anyone in your area planning to start harvesting corn?

N W corner, 50% beans gone, only corn that has been harvested was chopped.. Should be back in the fields by the weekend after last weeks rains.

Pheasant outlook

Looking at a one day stop over in Iowa this season. Is it as bad as the reports say. Visiting a friend and would like to hit the dirt for a day. Any tips and advice would be welcomed. Thanks

Looking at a one day stop over in Iowa this season. Is it as bad as the reports say. Visiting a friend and would like to hit the dirt for a day. Any tips and advice would be welcomed. Thanks

I wouldn't pay a ton of money for a one day hunt. :eek:

NW corner of Iowa here. Farmers are going at it hot and heavy. From what I've seen, most of the beans are out or will be soon. Not much corn out yet in my area, but I'm hoping most of it is out by the start of pheasant season. I haven't seen or heard much for birds this year.

Grandpa just finished his last 400 acres of corn on Sunday. He farms over 3500 acres and saw a ton of birds. Near Cedar Rapids. That being said, He has excellent cover and plants food plots on his own dime.

It's pouring here in NC WI. Nothing will be happening here for a while and I saw radar yesterday it looked like places west of us had rain yesterday.

It will not only stop the corn harvest, but logging, as well. We expect low log supplies until freeze-up. Business is pretty good now, but shortages will drive up prices. If it's wet and farmers can't get corn off, do those who can harvest early get more for their corn?

On Oct 5 I got soaked hunting in the rain. I'm tired of being cold and wet while bird hunting, so ordered a pair of upland field pants with goretex from LL Bean. They've shipped and I hope there's no delay as the forecast is for wet again this weekend.

walked crp with dog today:10sign:. 4 deer nice buck too. 2 ducks, and ##+ (guess the number)pheasants:eek: Dog had his A+ game today. Seen some chickens checking out duck hunting spot on state ground:)

Back