Interested in a hunting lodge in Miller?

ksimons

I have a 1970's mobile home that has sat unused for a few years. My mother-in-law passed awhile back and my wife is looking to sell. We have cleaned it out and it is sturdy. The only thing that may need some work is the plumbing (mobile homes are known for leaky plastic pipes), but that should be easy to fix by pulling off the skirting and getting a bit dirty. There is also an entry way that has a leaky roof, but that is not affecting the trailer. The trailer has 3 bedrooms (one is a smaller utility room) and 1.5 bathrooms. The kitchen has a stove, fridge and portable dishwasher, but they have some age on them. The living room is big enough for a few couches and a poker table. I am 66years old and work full time (and then some) as a Schanns truck driver, so I don't have the time to fix it up. If you are interested and happen to be around pheasant hunting, give me a call to come and take a look. I am open to renting, but would love to sell. The lot is worth more that the trailer. It is a 50 X 150 city lot with sewer, water and electricty hookups. You could easily park a few RVs on the lot as well.

I also have a 1900's house that is vacant, but we use it the 2nd weekend for a hunting lodge. That could be rented if somebody is interested.

My brother also has 7k acres of land that he does let some hunters work for a negotiated fee. It is pretty reasonable.

605-290-1202 (Kenney)

Hi Kenney,

We corresponded recently...was wondering if you had success on your brothers farm, north of St.Lawrence? And have you found anyone interested in renting your house in Miller?

Drop a line when you have a moment.

Jon

We hunt second weekend. It sounds like it has been pretty good around Miller from some other reports around this board. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

I am not really ready to rent the house yet. I was hoping more for next year when I may be retired. I really had no idea there would be that much interest. My wife and I are looking into getting it ready for rent sooner, but we have a lot of moving of antique furniture and sentimental objects before it is ready to rent. I have been keeping contact info for when we have it ready.

I currently am driving the schwann's truck about 10-12 hours a day just North and East of Miller and have seen plenty of pheasants. I think there are less, but there is also less cover for them this year. I think we may see fewer, but there will be plenty to shoot at. The last few years we have seen hundreds, but they were in soybean fields we couldn't hunt.

I'll know more in about 5 days when our hunt is done.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the message back and for the Miller area report. Will be interested in hearing about your hunt as well.

I have a friend that may be interested in your house/hunt arrangement. What do you plan to charge per day or haven't you established that as yet?

Best wishes,

Jon

Back