Insurance

Labradinger

Can anyone recommend a good pet insurance for a VERY high spirited GSP who likes to run into stuff and rip herself open frequently? Im 600 deep in vet bills the past 1.5 months.

There are threads about that on Upland Journal, in the Dog Health section. Several of the respondents are Vet’s or Vet Tech’s, and have good intel about the claims processing aspect of certain insurance providers.

Learn to flush and staple yourself if the cuts are relatively short and not too deep.

Somewhere in this forum I tell a story about going to the vet and being handed a staple gun.

There are threads about that on Upland Journal, in the Dog Health section. Several of the respondents are Vet’s or Vet Tech’s, and have good intel about the claims processing aspect of certain insurance providers.
Could you post a link please? I am not able to find the article you are referring to.

Thank you in advance

Yes - I am talking about 1-inch tears on the side or chest. When in doubt go the vet.

I had one Britt tear her chest open like a triangle ... took the vet a bit of time to suture that one up. It happened in the grouse woods - no barb wire fence for miles.

Dealing with high-energy pets can be a handful, especially when it comes to unexpected vet bills. I had a similar situation with my border collie who seemed to find trouble at every turn. After some research, I found https://www.sagicor.cr/ to be a great option. They offer comprehensive pet insurance that covers accidents like your GSP's mishaps.

Last edited:
Back