Indian res

wingshot

I saw a lot of pheasants outside Pocatello. I was biting at the bit to buy an online permit but it was my wife's birthday and I promised her I wouldn't. Good thing; because as we were driving back into town I saw I was in an indian reservation. Can anyone tell me what that heck is going on with the pheasant hunting near Pocatello. Can you hunt in the res? Is it worth leaving the reservation area or do the pheasants tend to stay inside the res because they don't get hunted? I don't know anything about it that's why i'm asking. Thanks!!

Just come with me, my GSP pointed at least 30 phez this morning while we hunted ducks along the Blackfoot river wich is the rez border, shot 7 ducks and 3 geese yesterday below the American falls dam, got 3 ducks today by accedent while haveing a great time watching my dog point the phez

I dont hunt the rez, just the border , there are enough phez for me and there are also huns as well, i believe they are still open till the end of the month, i can almost make 2 trips to N. Dakota for what the rez permit costs, yea its a drive but not that bad. Dont know what to do after the end of the season, kinda depresing, LOL

res hunting

Outstanding bird huntung on the res if you can afford it. Limit every day from what I hear. From what I am told, res is best in state. I don't hunt it though. I'm poor. I do pretty well just outside of boundary. You have to know where the border is or else you get a BIG fine. The watch pretty close.

Back