I sure enjoy the Pennsylvania thread!

oldandnew

Every time I open the forum I make a point to view Pennsylvania! I like the camaraderie and the fact the your involved and making a difference! I remember the glory days of the sixties with a million bird harvest. I have the Bob Bell book on pheasant hunting set in Pennsylvania. I went quail hunting in Delaware, saw as many birds as in Missouri! ( That's when we had a harvest of 4 million). South N.J. the same, tracing the footsteps of Annie Oakley, from years gone by. With that determined vigor, I hope you make it back.

I enjoy it here too! We all have many things to share and it's just a great place to come talk pheasant hunting in the state of Pennsylvania! That's a great book by the way!:cheers:

Thanks for the kind words, it's become my favorite site as well. I can also remember those days of over a million bird harvest. I have two copies of the Bob Bell book. They were being sold for some crazy low price at the Harrisburg Sportsman Show, I went back in to buy the rest of them but someone had bought the rest of them.
We are very fortunate to have a game comission that understands the importance of small game hunting, we are in good hands!
Thanks again, and like yourself we all have the same passion here!

Nice post Oldandnew. One I think most of us agree with.

On top of the good people hanging around the PA forum, in the past, I've contacted a few folks working on wild pheasant projects in PA. Great people. Very friendly, optimistic, and true "go-getters".:cheers:

Nick

Thanks for the comments. We are trying to catch up to the Midwest!

I never got to hunt during the prime pheasant hunting time in PA but I do enjoy the times I get out now. I often talk to some older guys who tell me about hunting quail and pheasants where I now run my dogs and chase stocked birds. I think they get some enjoyment when they talk about the old days.

I have a book of some short stories about quail hunting. Most of the stories are from the south but one of them was from PA. The area the story is about is close to the Franklin County WPRA. They story is about a couple of guys who start in the morning hunting grouse and as they walk down the mountain and get to the farm areas they start to find wild pheasant and quail. What a day that would have been.

Yep, i too enjoy checking in on the PA forum.:cheers:

Back