I hate to do this...

Oggie

This is really hard to do but will be selling my GSP shiloh. Moving into the city to be closer to work and family. This dog is has got a very classy hunt to him he is 100% Whoa broke and has a natural retrieve and a nice styles point. He is a indoor family member not a kennel dog. He is good with children and other dogs. He is about 3 years old and is liver and white........PM for more details if interested. Not looking for big $ but more of a good home. He is the best birddog I've owned and hate ti see him go but he needs someone that can take him out to the field more because that's what he loves to do.

Oggie, sorry to hear that. Man that has to be tough. Not sure I could do that. I hope you find a great home for your GSP. I will talk to a few people I know. So very, very sorry!!!!! Chad

Oggie, That has to be tough. I have a nephew that just mentioned he wants a dog of his own. He's 23 and farms. I think it might be a good fit. I will ask...if not my nephew, I'll keep looking for you.

I too am sorry to hear that. Not to get into your business or bust your junk, but there's nothing important enough (outside of my children's health) in my life to move to the city and give up my bird dogs. I wouldn't do that even if I had to give up my engineering job and become a fry-cook at McDonalds. I'd rather be broke than be w/o my dogs and bird hunting. If my family wants to be close, they probably better pack up and move out to the woods with me! I hope something changes and you don't have to do this in the end. I also hope that something bad hasn't happened your life to cause this. If you still want to go bird hunting and you HAVE to part ways with your dog, you're welcome to tag along with me any time!

Last edited:
kansasbrittany and oggie

I too am sorry to hear that. Not to get into your business or bust your junk, but there's nothing important enough (outside of my children's health) in my life to move to the city and give up my bird dogs. I wouldn't do that even if I had to give up my engineering job and become a fry-cook at McDonalds. I'd rather be broke than be w/o my dogs and bird hunting. If my family wants to be close, they probably better pack up and move out to the woods with me! I hope something changes and you don't have to do this in the end. I also hope that something bad hasn't happened your life to cause this. If you still want to go bird hunting and you HAVE to part ways with your dog, you're welcome to tag along with me any time!

wow, kansasbrittany, well put.
oggie. i to am so sorry to hear this happend to you. tough times. id buy your dog in a minute, if i had a place to keep it. i dont know any body that wants a dog at this time, however, im looking. god bless you and keep us infomed.:)

Last edited:

I'm with you KB, nothing will move me to a place my dogs can't be or hunting and fishing isn't out my back door.

I wish you the best and your dog too. He will not forget you or the time you have spent together in the field or at home.

Quote your signature
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

but I understand things out of your control can effect your ability to stay where you are.

Onpoint

Last edited:
This is really hard to do but will be selling my GSP shiloh. Moving into the city to be closer to work and family. This dog is has got a very classy hunt to him he is 100% Whoa broke and has a natural retrieve and a nice styles point. He is a indoor family member not a kennel dog. He is good with children and other dogs. He is about 3 years old and is liver and white........PM for more details if interested. Not looking for big $ but more of a good home. He is the best birddog I've owned and hate ti see him go but he needs someone that can take him out to the field more because that's what he loves to do.

Oggie, you should really re-think this. Just because you are moving to the city doesn't necessarily mean you can't keep your GSP. Many of us live in towns and cities and are able to maintain our dogs. You just have to find areas that you can get him out and run him a few times a week. The dog will be just fine.

For me no dog would mean the end of my hunting. I've had a dog for the past 36 years except for one fall after I got divorced and had to give my dog away because I had no place to keep him. That was the most miserable fall of hunting I've ever had.

Good luck and I hope you find a way to keep him.

I agree with your post George. I had a dog die of old age just before the season. With working and such I never had time to get a replacement ready. I came home from hunting swearing about not having a dog. My wife quietly goes into a spare bedroom and brings me out a 7 week old puppy Tony. She said she knew my swearing was going to happen and that she missed the dog too............Bob

Oggie if you do have to get rid of him and find yourself able to travel to hunt stop bye or give me a pm and i'll let ya use one of mine not the same as your own but atleast you wont have to get your own bird

Oggie,

Sorry, my nephew made a committment Saturday for GSP. I'll still keep my ears open.

I can only imagine how hard this must be. Maybe you should rethink this or at least give it a chance. What ever you decide, I wish you the very best.

Back