I got a letter in the mail from the Governor!

Bob Peters

Kim Reynolds. OK so her name was just on the letterhead, but it came from the Iowa DNR, and I finally got a pheasant hunting survey! Thankfully I keep all my pheasant hunts written down in a journal, so I'll be able to give exact number of days afield and birds bagged. The only other time I've filled one out was for MN prairie chicken hunting. If there's any interesting questions on the survey I'll report them here. I wonder if they'll ask if I've got a Versatile dog, what choke I was shooting, or if I happened across any flare nares?

So that is way some folks keep record of those details, well done. Just tell them that you didn't see or harvest a bird and hunted everyday of the season. We need the help on the habitat here.

those surveys should ask for birds seen not harvested. You could be blind and not bag a bird all season but put up a thousand.

So that is way some folks keep record of those details, well done. Just tell them that you didn't see or harvest a bird and hunted everyday of the season. We need the help on the habitat here.
If there's an open comments section I'll mention the need for quality habitat, and also tell them to keep adding to the WIA program.

Back