I could be on the IR list again this season opener

remy3424

A couple weeks ago my cardio doc saw something on a routine EKG they do every 6 months since my heart episode a few years back. A stress test gave them more concern, so tomorrow morning I am going in so they can check things out. Maybe nothing is wrong and I will be right back home, if they find a blockage that they can balloon and stent, it will be an overnighter. If there is more than they can quickly deal with (which I am really hoping isn't the case), they will pull-back and get a game-plan together for another day. I have no real symptoms, so I am thinking right back home or an overnight and then my season opener should be in play. I would have a week to be ready. I think there is a weight restriction after these artery type of adventures, my 11-87 should be under 10 pounds, so that should be an issue! Any how, I hope to put up a pic or 2 after opening weekend. If not, I trust you all can run those dogs an extra quarter mile for me and fill that last bird toward your limit and post a pic. Would rather not live vicariously through this group, but better than nothing I guess.

I am trying to take care of both! But, he is spot-on with that. Might need to work on the health a bit more. Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, I am heading out now. Hope to be back before the weekend, but you just never know.

Back home now, it seems I have a blockage that has "calcified", it is too hard or thick for the balloon and stents. I have to go back in on Wednesday and they will try to "auger" through it. They said, just a few years ago this would have been open heart surgery. If all goes well, I will be in the field for the second weekend of season. Post all your pics (and a video GH) I should be joining soon.

Well, went back in yesterday they were going to auger through this blackage...it ended-up they were able to push through and balloon it. It opened up great and put a big stent in it and I should be fine in a week. They opened arteries on the wrist & groin, so I really need to watch what I do for a week. So...my opener gets postponed a week. Saturday (our Iowa opener) it us supposed to be 70 degrees, so it won't be the worst opener to miss. I will enjoy all the successful hunts you all have had and will be having...keep posting pics.

Glad to hear remy! Great news - & agree - missing the opener with + 70 degree weather isn’t missing much - and not good for the dogs
Heal up & don’t push it

Back