husband & wife picked out 30 quail

Shadow

Banned
Fella farmer from not to far down the road stopped in with his wife- they were petting the Britt's by the time I got outside to greet them

They had two cages, both wire, and wanted to know if I still would give them a few or they'd buy them

She- went into the quail cage, picked out 16 adult males, 8 adult hens, 6 9 week olds- Britt's were watching- said she wanted to have a farm covey back to feed, watch, and listen to

said they would drop off some milo when they harvested

said- leave them in the cage in your yard for a couple days and feed and water them- then open the door and continue to put food and water out- they should stick arround

come back in the spring and I'll let you pick out a few more

16 + 8 = 30
Sounds like how our government balances the budget:cheers::cheers:

i was trying to figure that math myself:):confused:

This is exactly why Oklahoma is ranked 49th in education:p

should have said roughly:)

they were buzzing arround her, she was gigling and trying to watch her hair-
sort of like- make it fun- go in there with them and hand out the ones you want- I simmply said-one gets loose I'll let a Britt loose

husband I think enjoyed it

Ok math wizards...here you go:

3 people go to a hotel and ask for a room,
Desk clerk says that will be $30, so they split it evenenly...($10 each),
Desk clerk overcharges them $5 and heads out to give them a refund,
He has 5 - $1 bills and realizes that he cannot divide that evenly amongst the three,
So....he puts $2 in his pocket and gives each person back $1.
Which now bodes the question?

If each person paid $10 and got $1 back then $10-$1=$9
3 People @ $9 = $27
Desk Clerk kept $2
$27 + $2 = $29

WHERE IS THE OTHER DOLLAR?

If the desk clerk overcharged them $5, the room would have only been $25 dollars. so it would have been $27 minus 2, not plus two. Desk clerk got a two dollar tip.

If the desk clerk overcharged them $5, the room would have only been $25 dollars. so it would have been $27 minus 2, not plus two. Desk clerk got a two dollar tip.

you ment 28 for the room plus 2 tip for the desk clerk, for the total of 30.:)

OK...let me do some 'splainin

There is no tip, they paid 10 got back 1 which means they actually paid 9. 3x9=27 + 2 in his pocket is 29.

This has been used in math classes for years to teach absolutes...this is the only example of how the problem can be written without an absolute. Here is the way it should have gone...

3 people @ $10 = $30
Overcharged $5 = $25
Man kept $2 and gave $3 back = $5
$25+$5=$30

It's how you read it or say it that causes the problem. Both are right...one is absolute one is not...and I got my Bachelor's degree from...wait for it....
Oklahoma.

There is no tip, they paid 10 got back 1 which means they actually paid 9. 3x9=27 + 2 in his pocket is 29.

This has been used in math classes for years to teach absolutes...this is the only example of how the problem can be written without an absolute. Here is the way it should have gone...

3 people @ $10 = $30
Overcharged $5 = $25
$25+$5=$30

It's how you read it or say it that causes the problem. Both are right...one is absolute one is not...and I got my Bachelor's degree from...wait for it....
Oklahoma.[/QUOTE

:thumbsup:

you ment 28 for the room plus 2 tip for the desk clerk, for the total of 30.:)

Nope said it just the way I meant it.

The room was only $25. The clerk went out with $5 bucks of the $30 in his pocket Gave each of the men $1 ( 3 x $1 = $3). That took it down to $27. He had $2 left that he put in his pocket. Take that two from the $27 and you're back to the $25.

It all depends on your angle.

few weeks ago he wanted to buy a few quail- said I'd sell him 10 at $3.00 each, 10% discount if he bought 20- 15% discount if he bought 30- and if he bought 30 I'd toss in 2 quail nc- what was the cost of each quail

3 people @ $10 = $30
Overcharged $5 = $25
$25+$5=$30

Oklahoma.

I dont remember that class:thumbsup:

Back