Hunting Trip SE South Dakota Vet Help

We will be making our hunting trip to the De Smet, Watertown, Mitchell area in late October. Going into this blind, and focusing on public land. I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a good vet in that area that I could possibly use in case of an emergency with my labs. We usually do a pre-season tune-up at home with our vet but we will be traveling all the way from the northeast, and I just want to have a contact on hand in the event we need them.

Thank you in advance

I would google vets in the towns you will be near and keep a list. Watertown has several vets and I'm sure Mitchell does also. De Smet probably has a vet or two also. In Watertown I can recommend the vet I've gone to for man years. Dr. Mark Rieb at Care Small Animal Hospital.

Thank you very much. I will give them a call and see if they accept emergency visits from out of state hunters. Appreciate it

Creekside Vet Clinic on spruce street in Mitchell.
Right down the street from Cabelas.
I’ve used them a few years in a row for stitches after the pups run into barbed wire fences.
Nice gals that work in there.
Closed on Sunday FYI

Creekside Vet Clinic on spruce street in Mitchell.
Right down the street from Cabelas.
I’ve used them a few years in a row for stitches after the pups run into barbed wire fences.
Nice gals that work in there.
Closed on Sunday FYI
Ive used them for a couple of emergencies unfortunately and they have been top notch! They will remain on my list in my vest.

De Smet has an excellent vet used him two years ago when my lab got tangled in some barb wire. Another hunter staying at the same hotel also had him sew up his dog the next day. He was out hunting when I called his number and he met me at his office in less than twenty minutes which was right around the block from where I was staying. De Smet Veterinary Service 106 2nd Street S. W. 605-854-3300

Back