Hunting NW Mo

1stbrittany

I have young Brittany and want to do some bird hunting around Kansas City and NW Mo. Can anyone give me some advice of areas to try. Thanks

Don't live in your area, but have been scouting for over a month. Your close to highest quail densities in all four states close to you. Should be some birds around, like any hunting, scouting before season will increase your success exponentially. Drive the gravel early and late in the day, birds will be close to where you see them now. The rest is up to the dog, Take him for a walk. Chiggers are eating me up now (hateful things). Saw 4 broods in the road at the same time in a 2 mile stretch 3 mornings ago. There are birds this year good luck.

I've had success hunting quail/pheasant north of Highway 36, so you're off to a good start in my opinion. For me I'm either hunting northeast Mo near Iowa/Illinois border or I'm farther west of you near the Nebraska/Kansas border. I walk a lot but they are there... I no quail and even some pheasant can be found all over the state, but from some reason I always find myself heading north. Good luck.

Harding Gamebirds

I'll probably check some of the conservation areas around Bethany. Thanks

Try Harding Gamebirds they are one of the best hunting preserve around the Bethany,MO area. They are located in Ridgeway, MO. Hardinggamebirds.com is there website.

1st Brittany,

If it were me I would not go to the Bethany are but go up I-29 and check out the conervation area's north of St. Joe. There are some good ones but remember to bring the steel shot on the water fowl area. Bob Brown, Nodaway Valley, Monkey Mountain should be all good area's. Call the Conservation office in St. Joe and asked to talk to them and see were they are seeing birds.

zeepo

Back