Hunting Monday and Tuesday

Hunted with HenHen on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday was one of the best bird days I have had in a long time. Both HenHen and myself limited (me first) but watching the birds flush and fly is why I love this sport. But the best part was working and being with my old Irish Setter buddy and watching him track/trail/point and retrieve a few pheasants knowing that this will be his last year in the field. Its tough and wonderful at the same time. a few pic's.

Hey Steve,
Roger (hen,hen) called me on the way back last Tuesday and said he had a great time hunting with you guys. It's tough when you have to retire your hunting buddy. My 13 yr old lab Cody retired last year and I'm working with my 9 mo old pointing lab pup Parker this year. How's your search for a rescue hunting dog coming-any leads yet? Nice pics!!!

Tom

Hunted with HenHen on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday was one of the best bird days I have had in a long time. Both HenHen and myself limited (me first) but watching the birds flush and fly is why I love this sport. But the best part was working and being with my old Irish Setter buddy and watching him track/trail/point and retrieve a few pheasants knowing that this will be his last year in the field. Its tough and wonderful at the same time. a few pic's.

Nice pics and it sounds like you guys had a good time. I think I will be heading back out and giving the Colorado roosters another go sometime next month. My birthday is coming up so I think I will head out then.

Greg

Back