hunting crows fri and sat...orion or 870?

The 20 gauge, the practice with it will do you good. Get to know that new gun good, it will help when it really counts..........Bob

20ga load with 1oz high base 7.5 or 6 will snatch them out of the air.:thumbsup:

Crow hunting

While the area I live in now isn't that great for crows I always go for maximum fire power! To me the gauge is not as important as the number of shells it will hold. I like to take the plug out and fill it up, when using an electronic call sometimes your position can be overrun. That is when having more shells in the gun is a big advantage. I remember a crow hunt with a couple of guys that had over/unders several years back. My 1187 accounted for more crows then those 2 combined. They were loading while I was dropping crows like crazy.http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I usually use a 20ga but I'd use bigger tshot than 6. I like 4s because with crows you get some longer shots and I want to keep pulling the trigger!

I've hunted with guys who have used 10ga goose guns on those things. I've seen them dropped at 80 yards but the noise just kills me.

Back