Hunting a dog in heat

Ranger6

My yellow lab went into heat this week. I was thinking about taking her out for a quick Dove hunt in the morning. She seems to be doing okay. I will be hunting by my self in an area with no other dogs. Any health concerns about hunting a dog in heat?
Thanks
Tom

no other dogs in the area? Males will come from a looooooooong way away to seek the source!! Beware

david0311

None, hunt away with confidence.

No problem at all--Hunt and train my two females right through heat cycles with no issues--

HOWEVER--as someone else said beware or males from long way off showing up--have also seen coyotes track back trail--

One of mine same breeding as other but different litters--will show some issues just before going into heat --a little testy and cranky--

BEWARE-DOUBLE BEWARE-- IF YOU SEE THIS ISSUE DO NOT TELL WIFE--YOU RECOGNIZE THIS FROM SOME ONE ELSE--
:eek: :cheers:

Your only worry is the unwanted boy friend. Health, notta prob. We run them all the time in heat or they would miss a month of training. You just run them at the end, or it screws up every other male dogs training with their face in the dirt LOL:D.

Back