How long is your barrel

RoosterTim

What barrel length do you prefer or does it come down to over all length of gun and type of gun.

I started thinking about this because I ordered a new gun and wanted the 26" barrel vs and 28". I could have the 28" the next day but I'm still waiting on the 26". I'm average height 5'10" so I like the shorter barrel and I think as a whole upland hunters like a shorter barrel. My dad is 6'4 and loves his wing master that was made for a giant. He grew up hunting ducks and that may also play into it.

david0311

What barrel length do you prefer or does it come down to over all length of gun and type of gun.

I started thinking about this because I ordered a new gun and wanted the 26" barrel vs and 28". I could have the 28" the next day but I'm still waiting on the 26". I'm average height 5'10" so I like the shorter barrel and I think as a whole upland hunters like a shorter barrel. My dad is 6'4 and loves his wing master that was made for a giant. He grew up hunting ducks and that may also play into it.

28" on doubles for sure--26-28 on auto's ok--

On most of my shotguns (auto and O/U) it's 28". I have on little AL48 in 20 ga that the grandkids use that's 26". Does to make me a better shooter??? I'm not that good so it's hard to tell....:eek:

24 and 22 in my auto loaders.

I guess mine are shorter. I guess maybe it's genetic

I had a 24" barreled o/u that I literally never hit a bird with. I have a couple of sxs now that have 30" barrels. I have been shooting clays with them and find I am hitting a lot more targets. Probably a confidence thing, not a reality thing, but it still is a thing.

30" ers. Love it.

I bring out my 30" barrel once in awhile. It's on my A5. Between the barrel and the "hump" on that gun, it's a great fit.:) Other than that I usually use a 26 on my other auto-loader. 28 on my O/U.

Nick

I like 28" on doubles, and have a 29" barreled RBL 16 ga. that's also just fine for me. Had a BPS 16 ga. with 24" barrel that was about the same overall length as my 28" doubles, but my other magazine guns are 26".

Jay

I like my 28" barrel on my O/U. Maybe the little extra weight gives me better balance... Whatever it is, it feels better and I shoot better.

28" (Browning Citori 625 (12 ga.))

26 inch on the SBE in heavy cover

28 inch on my field CZ USA Wingshooter Elite O/U & CZ USA Sharptail SxS with ext Carlson's
30 inch on my Competition CZ Sporter G2 with extended trulock chokes

28 inch on my 1100,1187,1148's

Kick'em Up!:cheers:

28 inch on my Rem 870's,Rem SP-10, Winchester model 12's
26 inch on my A-5 Sweet 16
26 inch on my Beretta 28 ga.
32 or 34 on my Perazzi and Browning trap guns

You can at times swing to fast with short barrels which can effect lead on the target.

26 on everything I have. Can get it mounted just a slight bit quicker. Which sometimes makes all the difference sometimes on those long flushes during late season.

This has been hashed over several times in the past. Ask 10 people and get 10 different answers. It's all a matter of personal preference. What fits and works the best for you. As far as velocity, pattern, etc. it really doesn't matter.

Back