How are things looking for the season?

Ranger6

Just returned from a long deployment to Iraq and trying to get caught up on recent developments. Everything looks really green but that might just be because I have been sitting in the Desert for a while. How are things looking for the birds? The lack of rain that has killed us in the past seems to have passed in North Central Kansas. Now I just have to work off the weight my dog gained while deployed and get her ready for the season. Let me know what you all think and are seeing? Hoping for a good season.
Tom

Too early to tell. Wheat probably still in North Central which is a plus. Bad thing was heavy flooding rain. Had good carryover of quail. Seeing lots of pairs without chicks so will have to mainly rely on second hatch.

If you must have limits of birds, you will probably be disappointed. If you enjoy watching your dog work and you managed your coveys well, you should look forward to the season. That is if the rain moderates.

Welcome back. :thumbsup:

It think we are going to have at least as good a quail season as last season if not better.

Batallion commander, welcome back and thanks for serving!

Many areas of the state got spring rains, so to the extent that helps that is different from last year.

Last edited:
Glad you are back home safe and sound.

Hate to break it to you, but while you were gone, all the pheasant and quail had a meeting and decided to relocate out of state.:rolleyes:

Back