House for Rent?

I have an opportunity to hunt some private land near Hettinger ND in October 2014. Does anyone have a recommendation of a place to stay? A house would be great for 6 guys and dogs. Trying to stay away from motels. Thanks.

That could be a tough one.
I know the few motels are booked up a year in advance during Oct.
Maybe run an add in an area newspaper.

You might try the local newspaper for ads.

Housing is at a premium due to the booming oil fields - that may impact the availability of housing. Motels may be your only choice and there may only be a few to choose from!

Should be a decent year in W ND for the birds.
Cold alone is not a big deal as long as there's not a lot of snow,
According to snow cover maps, there's lots of bare ground out there.
We need it to stay dry until the gentle April showers.:thumbsup:

housing

hi I know it isn't right in Hettinger, but you might contact Prairie vista b and b in Regent... she has a basement area bedrooms she rents by the night. reasonable if you double bunk, great breakfasts, a heated barn for dogs to stay in crates, and a nice great room for watching ballgames at night... beats a hotel by a mile in my opinion... Audrey Lutz owns the operation. stayed there for 5-6 years...

I heartily recommend the Reeder Prairie Resource Center which is a former school converted into a hostel for travelers, particularly hunters in the fall. Dog friendly, inexpensive, great breakfasts, friendly folks and overall a great experience. It may be 20 minutes west of Hettinger.

Back