Help Identify Item

tymotor

Has anyone seen one of these before? Each pin has a flat spot with a number stamped on it, 1-10. It was to be used when hunting birds with a group of hunters and selecting in priority, who got to go where in the fields. Or assigning specific areas, numerically, and then having people draw for those. With the cap on it looks somewhat like a shotgun shell

My dad bought this ages ago. He was thinking possibly from Cabela's (back when it was catalog only for us on the West Coast 😆) or some other outfitter. When I was a kid he would bust it out all the time to help decide what sibling got to pick first for whatever it was we were arguing about at the time. Just a fancy version of picking straws.

It was recently found again after digging through old items. It carries lots of memories with it. I'd love to buy one for each of my siblings if I can find them.

I've been searching with no luck. I'm not even sure what it would have been called. Does anyone recognize it or know who used to make it? Probably a long shot, but fingers crossed. Thanks!
1000001270.jpg

Back