Help! Can you Identify This Shrub?

FCS, Can I ask? what is it you don't like about the Buffalo Berry?

They never amounted to anything but big bare thorn bushes, not much for cover and spread terrible, but slow. Small straggly things full of thorns. I might leave a few in the back, but in my shelter belt there going by by, already took out some, and will replace with something else. I'll shoot a couple pics of them too. Stupid me I got a bunch for free, and planted about a hundred of them. I guess the berry's are food, but never see much on them, there are better options, the dog wood and reddoiser get those late white berrys and a better crop. So I will put those and some private or honnysuckle in to replace them. 20 years and they never amounted to squat but a pain. Mowing around them is a pain. They don't look much differen't in the summer as they do in the winter.

The only thing I know about Buffalo Berry is what I've seen in Montana. They grow only in the coulees. Seem to bear fruit about 1 in 3 years. When their full of berry's that! is where to hunt Sharptails.
Makes good pheasant cover to, they feel pretty safe, hard for a dog to get at them.

Back