Hello from the Western Slope of Colorado

ttheel03

The dogs and I travel to find pheasants. Last season I hunted North Dakota (Pheasant, Sharp-tail & Hungarian), Arizona (Quail), and Colorado (Ptarmigan, Dusky, Chukar, Dove, Duck & club birds). Previous year was Idaho ( Chukar & Sharp-tail), Kansas (Pheasant) and Colorado (Dove, Duck, Dusky, Pheasant & club birds). Looking forward to a new pair of boots and new experiences next season. I started recording hunts this last year. They are posted on YouTube. Channel = www.youtube.com/@TripleShotTrav

welcome! Your dogs are lucky ! Looking forward to sharing stories around the water cooler!
What kind of dogs own you?
I am one of those hunters who is a glutton for punishment. I have a black lab (retriever) and English Setter (pointer). For the last two years I have been trying to train them to work together. The picture of Rose is after her first encounter with a porcupine.

Attachments

• Ember.jpg
    Ember.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • Rose.jpg
    Rose.jpg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Did the retriever lose out on the porky retrieve? Usually setters let labs do the dirty work!
I am still working on eliminating the fight over the bird. the setter did well enough that I enlisted her is a little professional training to finish some finer points.

Back