Hello from South Dakota

moedogee

Hello I wanted to introduce myself and payback all the blessings chasing the wily pheasant has given me. I have been chasing pheasants for over 60 years and training and hunting over labs as their partner and friend.. What a passion. Thank God the cackle of a flushed Rooster Pheasant still excites me as if I was a boy
I live in Hutchinson county SD and as retirees my wife are blessed to be able to observe a lot. Not only the pheasant populations but the stewardship of the land both public and private. So please if you observe my comments in the forum they try to come from Honest Observation It may not be gospel.

P.S. I still shoot my old Remington 1187 but I threaten my wife that if only I had a lightweight Benelli I wouldn't miss so much!

Thanks DakotaZeb for the greeting.
Read about your Grouse hunt in Montana. I was going to go there this year for 2 weeks starting Sept 1 to chase grouse and huns but the severe drought scared me off. The early opener in Montana compared to South Dakota makes for a lot better dog work in my opinion. Still no place like the open spaces of Montana. Back in the day I didn't miss a season for over 25 years. By the way do you hunt pheasants in Montana??

That was my first bird hunt in Montana. I have hunted your area in SD a fee times. My daughter lived in Tripp for a few years. I'll let you know if I'm in the area.

Sounds great! My wife went to work TDY for FEMA in Texas so its just me and the Pups this season. I have a few public honey holes that usually hold a few birds in December with snow cover. Keep me in mind.

Back