heard a storm rolled through Tuesday evening, any reports

retrvrman

I heard there was a storm that rolled through Kansas, namely Dodge City area (Ford county and some surrounding). Any reports of anything significant, as in size of hail? Damage to crops, fields, etc...

Manyard, you think it did any damage to the birds? I mean heck if it ain't the drought then dang it, hail....WTH!!

Just curious....hopefully no one had any damage to themselves or property...heard the winds were blowing pretty good too:eek:

Greg

Some little hail here in Dodge. I haven't been to the Ponderosa yet to check things. Lots of cover at the moment. Some corn has been cut, but most still in the fields and plenty of weed cover. It sounded like Finney County was getting some of the hardiest winds and hail.

Some little hail here in Dodge. I haven't been to the Ponderosa yet to check things. Lots of cover at the moment. Some corn has been cut, but most still in the fields and plenty of weed cover. It sounded like Finney County was getting some of the hardiest winds and hail.

Thanks, glad to hear about the cover....that's what my local guy near Dodge has been telling me. I am just glad you guys are finally getting some moisture.

We are heading out there 14 - 17 November. Already have rooms reserved at the Travelodge in Dodge. If you are in town one of those nights, let me know, I will buy you a beer at the Bad Habit:cheers::cheers:

Greg

It would be tough for a hail stone to find a pheasant or quail in this cover.

I will take you up on that offer. I am not a beer drinker, although, I times I could use a few. I do strong drinks though, strong tea on the rocks.

It would be tough for a hail stone to find a pheasant or quail in this cover.

I will take you up on that offer. I am not a beer drinker, although, I times I could use a few. I do strong drinks though, strong tea on the rocks.

Sounds good then Byrd, if not a beer then a strong tea on the rocks it is, whatever your flavor :thumbsup:

Would love to finally meet ya....

Greg

Glad to hear that y'all are still getting some moisture....just not to much so that the crops can't be harvested...

Greg

Still? We had only had .18 this month with 3.43 being average. Last month we were 1.8 short as well. This has turned dust to goo and that's a good thing. This will help the wheat go in the ground. I have mine planted, so it will help bring it up. Might keep the birds from dying from dust pneumonia:)

Don't want to hear it brown dog:) We had had .18 for the month until last night and were 1.8 behind last month!!! I've seen those storms develop near me and bless you guys. It was finally our turn. When Maynard is getting more than me on a regular basis, the stars are out of line! I thought I was going to die of dust pneumonia if things stayed what they were and I had to hunt in that! Good to see mud!!!!!!!

.16 overnight and this morn, local ponds are still 3-4 ft low. After making a trip to Gove and Sheridan counties, for the first time I can remember, I'm jealous of their water levels.

mud holes

a few days ago in the Norton area I saw quite a lot of water holes scattered around, don't know anything about how much rain they had been getting, think near normal, but there were many ponds out there

cheers

I had 0.50". I would not believe it was that much, but that is what was in the gauge.

Saw combines in the field at 9:30 tonight cutting beans on my way to Dodge tonight.

Looks like corn crop is really drying down with the hot dry winds.

Back