Heading for the weeds!

garyseibs

Took the day off and and heading out with the dog. Work has had me tied up and limited my outdoor time. Need a good walk! :)

Good luck and have a good time. Beats the hell out of work. Skipping work to go hunting just makes it that much more fun.

Hope you see some birds! Good luck.

Whew! Not sure if me or the dog is more tired. Some success but as you know, there just are few birds out there.

Started the morning off by busting a nice covey of quail. Took two singles over points and moved on. Hunted some very "pheasanty" spots and pushed up a few wild ones out of range along with a couple of points on runners.

Ironically, took the only rooster in the least pheasanty spot I hunted. Dog locked him down on a beautiful point, walked in from the front and flushed him, knocked him down. He hit the ground running and the chase was on! They zigged and zagged but Charger ran him down and made a stylish retrieve over 100yds! :10sign: We had a great day.

My biggest concern was getting some dog work in...he's a 2 year old and there just haven't been many birds to work!:cheers:

Ironically, took the only rooster in the least pheasanty spot I hunted. Dog locked him down on a beautiful point, walked in from the front and flushed him, knocked him down. He hit the ground running and the chase was on! They zigged and zagged but Charger ran him down and made a stylish retrieve over 100yds! We had a great day.

Sounds perfect! The best of partnership: bird found, downed, chased, and retrieved.

Congratulations.

WOW, sounds like a pretty good day to me. Just saying...

Whew! Not sure if me or the dog is more tired. Some success but as you know, there just are few birds out there.

Started the morning off by busting a nice covey of quail. Took two singles over points and moved on. Hunted some very "pheasanty" spots and pushed up a few wild ones out of range along with a couple of points on runners.

Ironically, took the only rooster in the least pheasanty spot I hunted. Dog locked him down on a beautiful point, walked in from the front and flushed him, knocked him down. He hit the ground running and the chase was on! They zigged and zagged but Charger ran him down and made a stylish retrieve over 100yds! :10sign: We had a great day.

My biggest concern was getting some dog work in...he's a 2 year old and there just haven't been many birds to work!:cheers:

I will take good dog work over a good working day anytime. We used to hunt around ellsworth and kanopolis all the time which is close to you and will try it once soon this year hopefully if time permits.

I hunt around Kanopolis quite a bit. I started out intending to go there today but kept going west and ended up north of Wilson lake.

Back